- This event has passed.
Mastering Leadership Communications
May 11 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
With 85% of managerial success determined by a manager’s ability to communicate effectively this workshop provides insights to attendees on their own natural communication style and delivers tools, strategies and skills to allow them to communicate more effectively.
The session is highly interactive, allowing attendees to practice new ways of communicating in a safe
environment. We then look at how communication needs to be tailored in the context of a workplace where remote working can become the norm.
Who should attend this session?
Established business owners and managers, who are responsible for a team and need to hone and develop skills to become a more effective leader.
Please note that this workshop is open to trading SMEs based in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. Businesses located outside of this area will be unable to attend and instead directed to alternative support.
What will we cover?
- Communication profile (DISC)
- NLP tools including match & mirroring and VAK
- Active listening
- Effective feedback
- Persuasion strategies (push, pull and disengagement)
- Teams and individuals – ways to engage, tailor message and communicate effectively (includes effective meetings)
- ‘Rhythm of communication’ for attendees teams
- Communication in times of high change (including the “Change House”)
- Communicating in the modern day environment (remote and hybrid working)
What outcomes can you expect from joining us?
After attending this session, you will have:
- An understanding of your natural communication style
- How to build rapport rapidly
- An attendee’s natural persuasion style
- Persuasion strategies
- Establishing your own ‘communication’ rhythm
- How to communicate change effectively
- How to run meetings effectively
- How to overcome challenges to good communication
- How to tailor your communications in different situations
Who’ll be presenting this session?
Stuart Ross has over 25 years business experience at a senior level in a variety of industries both in the UK and internationally.
Stuart founded High Growth, one of the most successful business coaching practices in the UK, receiving numerous awards and recognitions.
This workshop is hosted by the D2N2 Growth Hub, East Midlands Chamber and part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.