Mansfield Innovation Centre Christmas Fair 2021!
The event, at the centre on the Oakham Business Park, saw several local businesses sell a range of handmade goods and Christmas gifts.
Centre staff were decked out in fancy dress to mark Elf Day 2021, an annual fundraiser for the Alzheimer’s Society. There were also games, a Christmas raffle and tombola featuring prizes donated by businesses based at the centre.
Some of the local traders who had stalls included:
- Carol Green, of Tropic Beauty and Make-Up (freshly made cruelty-free and vegan beauty products)
- Michaela Perkins, of B Witched Sensations (sweets and gifts)
- Becky Power (handmade Christmas items)
- Cira Brudenell (homemade wax melts)
- Laura Broadbent, from the Melas Group (Christmas garments and socks)
- Roseanne Laura (selling handmade Christmas items & cakes)
- Sarah’s Kitchen (mince pies & hot chocolate)
- Emma Cheney, from Little Bloomers (flowers)
- Maxine Dillan, from Little Bird Creates (handmade jewellery)
Hundreds of people came to the market during the day, including centre customers and visitors.
The event raised £562 for the charity, with more donations still to come.
Centre Manager Hannah Hickman said: “Mansfield Innovation Centre is at the heart of the local business community, so it’s been great to do something to bring businesses together, give some of the traders a platform to sell their goods, raise money for a worthy cause, and spread a bit of pre-Christmas cheer.
“We weren’t able to do anything like this last Christmas because of lockdown, so it was good be able to do something to showcase and celebrate the contribution small businesses make to the local economy.
“The timing couldn’t have been better, as it coincided with the national Small Business Saturday campaign.”
For further information on Mansfield Innovation Centre, please visit www.mansfield-ic.co.uk or call 01623 600600.
Mansfield Innovation Centre makes the Mansfield&Ashfield 2020 Business Awards Final!
Easter Bunny arrives at King’s Mill Hospital
Easter fun for patients…..
Return of in-person events!
Today we hosted our first in-person event following Covid restrictions